Thursday, October 28, 2010

baby clothes....

Today I went to Target to buy a baby shower gift and it's going to be a boy. I'm standing there looking at all these sweet little boys clothes, with doggies and monkeys and stripes and all I can think of is Jivenson. My heart ached and tears welled in my eyes. The little fuzzy, footy pajamas are out now and I could just picture him all cuddled up wearing those and playing on our living room floor and then I imagined picking him up and snuggling him.
I don't think I will ever get over the beauty of how when adopting, you actually can fall in love with a child halfway across the world, who looks nothing like you and whom you've never met. It amazes me that 2 months ago I did not know his name or face and now I think of him everyday and my heart warms when I see his picture.
It is an amazing mystery....

1 comment:

  1. so true Jessica. Brings tears to my eyes reading your entry. Praying for all the orphans today.

    ReplyDelete