Monday, June 4, 2012

One Year

Today marks 1 year since Jivenson passed away...June 4th 2011. It seems impossible to believe that one year has actually passed and even more impossible to believe where we are now. We would never have dreamed this up...that after losing one little boy, we would be blessed with two. We've watched the video Kevin made in tribute to Jivenson and we've all cried, the girls included. It's amazing to me how acutely they still feel that loss, especially Wesli. They still refer to him as their little brother. We all still feel it. And right now it's coupled with that loss we're experiencing Post-Haiti. We're just letting ourselves wallow in it, letting ourselves fully feel it all, every emotion...then we'll move on. Move onto more paperwork, waiting and dreaming of our family of 6 finally coming together...one day.

3 comments:

  1. Jess, you and your family are always in my prayers and my warmest thoughts. <3 I cannot believe it has been a year, and what a year for your family. Jivenson will always be your son-son and one day you will see him again. Many hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loss like that doesn't go away. Just changes and becomes part of you. Can't wait to see your family grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's been a year already. I think of you and the boys every day, especially as I watch my own. Jivenson was such a special boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete